This is one of the amazing features I have come across when I bought my first android smartphone. At first I was not been able to use my mobile phone data to browse on PC because I couldn’t find any desktop manager compatible with my Sony Ericsson Xperia. 

Few hours later I got the idea of using my mobile phone data on my computer using a router, which got me into an intense search for a good tether app on Android market. Thanks to God, I came across Barnacle Wifi Tether.
Barnacle Wifi Tether lets you turn your Android phone into a wireless ad-hoc access point. Provided your SIM is loaded with a data bundle and your smartphone is configured correctly to browse the internet, Barnacle with definitely help you to browse the net with your PC using your mobile data bundle.
I have been using this app for over a month and I have no problem with it so far. On many phones you need to enable Skip wpa_supplicant in settings to actually create the ad-hoc network. In this case WEP will most likely not work.
This app is compatible with Windows (XP/Vista/7), Mac, Linux and Xbox. For it to work on your Android Smartphone, you need a root access. That means if your phone is not rooted it would not work.
Wifi Tether, Barnacle, Mobile Hotspot
To be able to turn your Android Smartphone into Wifi hotspot, you should follow the below steps.
  • Download and Install Barnacle Wifi Tether on your Android phone. You can find it free to download by searching the full app name on Android market.
  • Get root access on your Android smartphone.
  • Launch Barnacle Wifi Tether.
  • Go to SETTINGS >> Wireless Encryption >> Set WEP key.  And assign a secret pin to your Wifi Hotspot.
  • Click on Start to get your Wifi Hotspot running.
At this stage, enable your computer wireless and you should be seeing a new network “barnacle”. Connect using the WEP key you assigned and you are good to go.
I hope you find this tutorial helpful. Kindly share with friends on facebook, twitter and google+ using the share buttons.


JOIN US ON OUR BBM CHANNEL! >> C0022D0A4



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top