photo - 22-Year-Old Prostitute Sells Newborn Baby For N430k In Onitsha

Mother of one-month-old baby and three other women have been arrested for selling the baby for N430,000 by the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the Enugu State Police Command.
The 22-year-old mother, Chinelo Huma, who got pregnant while she was engaged in prostitution and three women, Nkechi Ugochukwu, Maria Asomba and Esther Obi, who allegedly played roles in the sale of the baby were linked together by police as the baby was traced to Onitsha, Anambra State.
According to Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Adamu, Chinelo Huma who already has two children got pregnant from her boyfriend who wasn't ready to become a father. Thus, Huma decided to relieve herself of the burden of raising the baby out of wedlock.
"I am a prostitute. When I became pregnant and it was close to nine months, my boyfriend rejected it. I decided to sell the baby. When I gave birth on April 13, 2014, one lady whose name is Maria Asomba, arranged for the baby to be sold to Mrs. Nkechi Ugochukwu, and she paid N430, 000, but Asomba gave me N150,000.

"When the police arrested Ugochukwu, I told them I didn’t want the baby again, because I already have two children and my mother is taking care of them," the mother stated.
The commissioner explained that 43-year-old Ugochukwu had desired to have a child of her own for a long time but was unable to conceive. The arrangement to source the baby was facilitated by Esther Obi, who nursed the newborn for two weeks before handing her over to Ugochukwu.
While Asomba, 35, specialized in looking recruiting pregnant ladies that were willing to dispose of their babies after giving birth.

When the police learnt about the ignoble act, the Head of the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit Supol Gloria Udoka (DSP) and her team swung into action and traced the suspects to a jungle in Onitsha, where the baby was rescued and Ugochukwu was arrested.

The deputy head of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Supol Anyai Dennis (CSP) stated that Ugochukwu had already made all arrangements for the baby and named the baby Chinasa.
Ugochukwu confessed: "I borrowed N430,000 to buy the child; my husband is aware of the baby. The baby was brought to me on April 17, 2014. When I took the baby to my compound all my neighbours congratulated me over the new baby; policemen came and took the baby from me. I don’t want my money back. I need the baby. I have named the baby Chinasa and I am already planning to dedicate her in church."

Wonders shall never cease.


JOIN US ON OUR BBM CHANNEL! >> C0022D0A4



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top