24-year-old Sandra Ifudu, niece of legendary singer, Dora Ifudu, is looking to  outdo her aunt in the craft of music by bringing out something special in herself even when she had decided that her genre would be inspirational and gospel music.

She had tasted the waters with a release of a single ‘Let it Go’ which may very well put her on the gravy train to fame.

Sandra-Ifudu-1But unlike most gospel singers, the English graduate of Madonna University doesn’t intend to carry herself with the air and style of Mother Theresa, she’s ready to unleash a bit of her womanhood, without going overboard or flaunting her sexuality. How would she do it? Hear her story and how she intends to sell her gospel to the secular market:
Why did you choose gospel music?
It’s not just gospel music. I just do positive, meaningful music with meaningful lyrics. There are so many things to talk about; love, peace and so on. I just want to inspire people.
What are you working on now?
I just released a single, Let it go. It’s been out on the blogs and right now, I’m doing radio promotion.
What’s the song about?
Let it go as the name implies is a feel-good song for people to let go of their worries, be happy and trust God to take care of all their troubles.
What is going to distinguish you from other artistes?
A lot of people see gospel music as boring and that’s why it’s not really selling, especially in Nigeria, because Nigerians like party songs. I want to instruct, educate and entertain at the same time. I’m going to put the Nigerian market into consideration by giving them something they can dance to, but the lyrics will be gospel.
Does that mean you will be doing more of the fast-paced songs?
I’m versatile, I can do the slow songs, but I want to consider Nigerians and the Nigerian market. Nigerians like danceable songs. Personally, I like slow gospel songs, but to be considerate, I’d like to infuse the party songs with good gospel lyrics.



JOIN US ON OUR BBM CHANNEL! >> C0022D0A4



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top